Thursday, September 10, 2009

The first hint of fall colors in the Ogden Valley

I took these photos on Labor Day Weekend, coming back from watching the music at Snowbasin.

It's not always easy to stop on Trappers Loop, especially since I want to almost every time I drive it. No matter which way you look the views and vistas are amazing. Fortunately there are some places to pull off so I snapped a few photos of the last bits of sunlite as they streamed through the broken clouds, just lighting the tips of our mountain tops.

I think you can start to see the fall colors first from a distance, The grasses and fields as they turn golden, with purple undertones. There are faint hints of red in the trees.

I especially like the photo Pineview Reservoir with Middle Fork illuminated in the background. One of Ogden Valley's best kept secrets.


Photography by Bryan J. Smith, OgdenValleyMagazine.com

http://twitter.com/OgdenValley

No comments:

Post a Comment