Saturday, September 25, 2010

Hot Air Balloons Add to the Fall Color

There is always a sense of happiness when I return to Ogden Valley from a trip. I can't help breaking into a smile just as soon as I see Pineview. I may be biased but there just aren't many places with the spirit and beauty of OV.

I must say, however, that I was surprised and a bit pleased that the fall colors have not hit their peak yet. Every Saturday morning, I go out to my deck to see if the hot air ballons are flying. The sun today bounced off the blue & red envelope of the solo balloon and enhanced the view of the emerging fall colors. I think a hot air balloon ride might be the perfect way to enjoy a fall color sunrise.

In Nordic Valley, there are patches of red from the maples but the scrub oaks are holding onto their green hues. My bet is that the peak may be next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment